Saturday, July 14, 2018

The Summer Goes On...

Just like the old Sonny & Cher song, "The Beat Goes On".  Me and my two kids are hanging out.  Mrs Dellroy is in the middle of a week-long visit  with friends in Texas, so things are pretty quiet today.  
On the SPOCS front, DR7 is going to get an upgrade.   I think the system will get a major upgrade, as well.  I think there will be more Ethernet-based nodes in SPOCS' future, so, I think we will need more slots.  The DuTec boards, which are the first two nodes, have held up very well for the for the 20+ years SPOCS has been running.  I have spare boards, just in case.  Several months ago, I bought a pair of WeMos Arduino clones.  They are clones of the Arduino Uno.  You can use the same IDE to program them.  The big difference is, these are based on the Espressif 8266 Wi-Fi chip, so you get a wireless node.  I have one in a network camera I am building.  It has remote pan and tilt, courtesy of the  8266 Arduino clone.   The WeMos boards cost only $9 each.
So, anyway, SPOCS 2.6 looks to be a major revision.  I shall keep you up to date.

More later.

Oh, yes...thank you, dear departed sibling, and her friend, for absolutely no opportunity for closure.  Somebody needs to tell you that funerals, memorials, etc. are for the living, not the dead!