Sunday, July 1, 2018

The Long (sometimes) Hot Summer

Here in the USA, we are in the middle of a hot spell of weather.  Temperatures have been reaching 90 degrees F (32.2 deg. C) for several days, and are expected to be that way for a few more days.
Things have been busy the last several weeks.  I turn around, and, it's July!  Sheesh, summer is half over!  Ah, well.  I had to replace the UPS for my main computer.  The poor thing died completely.  A close relative recently passed away.  I suppose the entire truth about that will never be known.  My relative, and her friend were both known to being strangers to the truth.  The predominant story is, my relative got an infection in her leg.  She was given the choice:  have the leg amputated, and probably live, or just die.  She did not wish to have the leg removed.  It took nearly three months for the infection to finally kill her.  I do not understand.  I might be without a leg, but at least I'd still be alive.  I will probably never know what she was thinking.  Oh, well.  Farewell. 
I think the power outage we had a few weeks ago may have killed my UPS.  It also disrupted my SPOCS work.  SPARCL12 came back up as usual, when the power came back on, but I had to set things back up on L14, where I am doing the development work.  I will get it eventually. I need to revamp some of the DR7 module to access devices on other IP addresses.

More Later.
Godspeed to those who have gone.