Friday, December 22, 2017

Now it is Nearly Christmas

My place of work had a pot-luck luncheon today.  It was very nice.  After lunch, the boss told everyone to go home, and have a Merry Christmas.  This was after the company dinner last week, which was held at a very nice restaurant.
This has been a very eventful year.  It started off with me getting downsized from a great job of four years.  Then a family friend and I started separate businesses, with the idea of supporting each other.  The friends' work situation changed, but it turned out OK, since I had a client that liked my work, and wanted to bring me on board.  It's official - I will be an actual employee on January 1, 2018.  More on this later.  Sprang Automation will shut down shortly thereafter.  I won't have to pay my own taxes any more - which is a pain, I'll tell you.
I have already worked on a number of projects through the year, and more are coming in 2018.  I am looking forward to the new year.

In the SPOCS world, I am adding a new feature.  Since our septic system was redone last year, there is a new pump that feeds the leach field.  This pump, in theory, could be used to track household water consumption.  So, I am adding a totalizer module, in place of the event trend module.  We will see how this turns out.  I am in the process of defining how the module will work.  Are there any functions you would like to see SPOCS have that it doesn't now?  leave a comment, and let me know.

To all who observe it, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.  If you observe something different, may it be great.

Good Night, Ma and Pa Wolfe, wherever you are.