Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Now We Are Drying Out!

Whew!
After the last few days, it is good to see dry ground again.  The rains came, and they only let up briefly, before resuming their deluge.  Now the weather is cooling off, and things are wet - probably nature getting ready to go into deep-freeze mode for the winter.

Haven't heard back from Dr. Black yet, on Flite.  In the meantime, I had a breakthrough on my own, so I am using Flite on my development machines.  Its voice quality is not quite as good as Festival, but it is better then my EMICS2 hardware speech module.

So - we are back on the road to the next SPOCS release.  This year has been so eventful, I haven't had too much time for SPOCS.  Faithful  old SPARCL12 has been chugging along all these months, running SPOCS 2.51, and watching over things around here.  SPARCL15 is up with SPOCS and Flite, and so far, so good.  I need to review my feature list.  Do any of you have any features you would like to see in SPOCS?

Good Night, Ma and Pa Wolfe, wherever you are.