Sunday, July 16, 2017

Whoops! How Time Flies Away!

It's been a busy summer.  I have been doing contract work for a couple organizations, and one in particular kept me very busy in June.  They are threatening to keep me busy for the forseeable future, which is a good thing.  We will see.
I got the new version of Festival compiled and running on SPARCL15.  All I want now, is a selection of voices for it.  The old Festival voices won't work with the new version.  I tried to contact Alan Black, Festival developer, of the Center for Speech Technology, at the University of Edinburgh.  It appears he is on vacation for the summer, so I will have to wait until he returns.  I have a working speech system, using an EMICS II module, but it just isn't as good as Festival.  If there is a chance I can still use Festival, I shall wait a little longer for it.  After that, I must move SPOCS forward.
machine SPARCL12 is still our main SPOCS system, and is running well.  We had our water well pump replaced recently.  I noticed that SPOCS is reporting that the new pump runs a LOT less than the old pump did.  The fellow who installed it said the pump was new technology;  both the motor and the pump are more efficient then older models.  The data from SPOCS seems to bear this out.  I double-checked the connections by which SPOCS monitors the pump, but found no problems.  Can't wait to see my electricity bill for this month...

No comments:

Post a Comment