Tuesday, March 8, 2016

It's Good to be Back

The last few weeks have been crazy.  Nutty.  Over-the-top-and-down-again insane.  First, my project at work went supernova.  That, as I said last time, is like beyond super-critical.  It was at that place where all sorts of people were concerned about it, but didn't know enough to back off and let those who were working on it get done. 
We did get the project done, with days to spare.  Then I got to travel to Saltillo, Mexico, to make sure the startup went OK.  We spent five days there, and left with a working system, and a happy customer.
I was shocked to find the old joke about not drinking the water in Mexico is not a joke!  The hotel gave me two bottles of water per day, for tooth-brushing, and whatever.  Most natives I saw were carrying bottles of water throughout the day.  After all these years, one would think the Mexican government would have improved their infrastructure, and made the water supply potable.  But, alas, no.  The food was good there, though.  And I managed to bring back a nice little souvenir for Mrs. Dellroy.
Finally, I am back to working on SPOCS 2.5.  The alarm module has come up with a nasty bug that does not show up when running in a virtual machine.  That's why I did not see it before.  Now, Kdbg and I are running this bug down.  Hopefully, soon.

Good night, Ma Wolfe, wherever you are.