Monday, November 3, 2014

First frost!

It has been rather warm over here in SPOCS-land, this fall.  I myself define Indian summer as a warm period that follows the first frost.  This agrees with almanac.com, mostly.  I notice that even local TV weatherpeople do not seem to know what it is.  Almanac.com also says that Indian summer is supposed to occur between November 11 and November 20. here in the northern hemisphere.  Anyway, we finally had our first frost last night, so Indian Summer should be on the way.  Of course, the Almanac is not predicting any weather that could be interpreted as Indian Summer!

Things are slowly moving along in SPOCS-land, also.  DR7 is exhibiting a stubborn bug, but the Linux debugger is on the job.

Finally, a word to Mr. Tim Cook, CEO of Apple.  He had a small piece published in Bloomburg Businessweek on October 30, in which he said:

"So let me be clear: I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."

 Mr Cook, God did not make you a homosexual.  If you knew anything about God's Word, you would see that this is one of the issues on which God's Word is quite clear.  Homosexuality is wrong.  Period.  Either you believe the Word of God, or you do not.  In your case, you do not seem to know what it is, so I strongly advise you to read it for yourself.

End of today's rant.