Friday, August 8, 2014

Where on Earth Did Summer Go?

I don't know.  It seemed like yesterday my birth family had their Memorial Day get-together.  Now it's almost time for Labor Day!
Meantime, I got the interface for the new air conditioning system tied into SPOCS.  I had installed the temperature monitor on the day the A/C system was put in; shortly afterward, I installed several relays to monitor the state of the system.
We also had a small disaster about ten days ago - the sump pump failed, and SPOCS did not catch it.  The sump is located in a corner of the lab.  Fortunately, it was not a bad flood, just a couple inches of really nasty water in the corner.  Actually, SPOCS didn't catch it because the input was not set up as an alarm.  I have to take the blame for that one.  Well, it's fixed now, and has been tested, along with the new liquid level sensor I installed a while back.  That won't happen again.
There are several interesting issues with the next SPOCS.  DR7, for instance, gives an error about twice a day.  I am trying to get back to writing a better alarm system, with actual alarm tracking, acknowledgement, etc.  DR1 may have an issue, but I need to do more checking to make sure.

Enjoy the rest of summer!