Well, it is the SPOCS blog, now isn't it?
As I mentioned, the main part of the SPOCS system is the so-called scanner program.
What is the scanner?
These are the functions included in the scanner:
1) initial startup, create shared memory segment.
2) initialize, load shared memory with contents of setup file.
3) open communication channels, establish communications with nodes per the setup file.
4) start up all other modules
5) begin communicating with nodes, bring data into shared memory.
6) continue updating shared memory until told to shutdown.